TEXTBOOK REFUND POLICY for SPRING 2021
SPRING 16 Week class session starting JANUARY 11th
Books must be returned by JANUARY 22, 2021.
NOTE: Return of textbooks for class sessions scheduled for less than 8 weeks are subject to the approval of the Bookstore Manager.
- Textbook returns will only be accepted on textbooks sold as course material for the current semester.
- Textbooks purchased in “new” condition must be returned in “new” condition. Text(s) must be free from writing, highlighting, water damage, torn or creased pages or covers.
- Student must be enrolled for the course in the current term or officially dropped in the current term in the college’s computer system to receive a refund.
- Textbooks sold as packages must be returned with all components (ex: disks, CD’s, study guides,access codes not accessed, shrink wrap intact, etc.).
- Student who has a class that is cancelled has the same return privilege as outlined in item #1 above for a full refund.
- All textbook returns are subject to the approval of the Bookstore Manager.
- Student who received textbooks on Financial Aid (Pell, Student Loan, etc.) will have student account credited.
- Student who received textbooks by payment of a third party payer will have the student’s funding agency credited.
- If returned books were paid by credit card, the return will be made to the same credit card. Credit card is needed to process the return.
- If returned books were paid by cash or check, a Bookstore refund check will be issued. If payment was made by check, Bookstore will not issue refund check until student’s check has cleared for payment (normal time – 2 weeks from purchase date).
- No returns will be processed without a receipt.